Friday, December 02, 2005

Memorable Trip to Baroda!!!

     This time i took two weeks off to njoy life to fullest at baroda during diwali. Uptil the D'day i wasn't even sure whether my leaves would be approved and finally just before 2 hrs as my luck would have favoured my leaves were confirmed and i was on my way to baroda via b'bay .. and abt my b'bay stay there's another post tht will follow. :)

     From the very day i reached baroda it was like a festive occasion for me And on top of it my Big B was already there to receive me :P:P (I met him after 6 long months :(((( )

     I reached baroda 1 day prior to diwali and had ample amt of time to get crackers and sweets and for doing all small small preps :))) I don't believe i helped my mamma in preparing some delicacies also and the best of my preps turned out to be 'gujiya' also called 'gughra'. Truly when i used to be in baroda (uptil engg. final sem) i never ever realized the importance of diwali... it was as if another holiday or gala time thts it. It was for the first time whn i came down to b'bay and now all the more far away to b'lore that i realize the actual value of this festival :) Its not the crackers or the sweets thats fun.. its a reunion with so many ppl also especially oldies.. and this time it was a grand reunion for me and I guess for all the ppl who were there :)))

     The very nxt day of diwali for gujjus is knwn as 'bestu varas' (NEW Year)... thts the time whn all the ppl visit their frnds and relatives:)) On tht particular day i made a visit to all my gujju frnds in baroda and the nxt day it was like frnds attacking my home :D:D But it was fun :))

     Then the following week and weekend we had many more get togethers and all the more this was the first time ever after i left baroda i had the gr8 luck of meeting my school frnds.. it was the most cherishable moment in my life a gr8 reunion and all chit chats abt the mischievious school life and college life we had :))

     Truly school life and college life are the ones that can never ever go out of ny person's heart or mind .... but in my case its somewhat extended i guess :D:D:D even in my professional life i am mischievious :D:D (Donno whn my boss will come across this and punish me for all the mischieves i have done and not been punished for :D:D)

     I don't have words to conclude these sweet reunions that i witnessed during the few days i was in baroda... But one thng for sure is that these reunions have given me all the strength and hope to live a fun filled life for another 7 generations :)) It was fun and it was an unforgettable trip too :))) met so many new and old frnds all in 2 weeks time..........

7 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

arey waah aate time bhi kaha tha naa b'bay se hokar aayi thi isliye zyaada luggage nahi :D:D:D

nyways tumhe is baat ki khushi honi chaihiye ki tumhaare ek dost ne kitna njoy kiyaa aur woh bhi kaju barfi, pede, gulab jamun etc ke saath :D:D:D waise no worries jab main tumlogon ke hisse ka bhi kha rahi thi tab tumhi logon ko yaad kiyaa tha :P:P:P

Friday, 02 December, 2005  
Blogger Voice said...

hmm...yeah diwali is fun

maine bhi socha tha diwali pe blog likhunga but ....
7 generations bhi happiiness.. too much. [:)]

Friday, 02 December, 2005  
Blogger Mohan Kodali said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, 03 December, 2005  
Blogger Mohan Kodali said...

college days are college days. :P

still diwali is fun in gujarat compared to the southern states. a lot of difference u can notice...

but dont dare go out to eat sth. its all sweet sweet and sweet:D

u met all the oldies but u missed me:(((

X-(

Saturday, 03 December, 2005  
Blogger kosha said...

hey!!

pata hai ye padhke mujhe aisa lag raha tha ki...
m reading my own accnt....
this is wat actually happened with me when i went home...

it was so nice...

prev...i used to say tht diwali is the most boring day of the yr for me...
but i realized wat it means when i went home this time...and i enjoyed it so much :)
sp the burning of diyas and all....it was just marvellous...

u made me remember my diwali this time :)

Sunday, 04 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@voice ... maine bhi socha tha diwali pe blog likhunga but ....

neki aur pooch :P:P:P

@chandu.. still diwali is fun in gujarat compared to the southern states. -- woh toh hai gujarat is knwn for its diwali celebs :))) aur sweets r a part and parcel of gujju life and food toh ye sth fact accept kar hi lo 8):P:P

u met all the oldies but u missed me:((( -- didn't miss u had been stuck up nahi toh definitely tumse bhi mil hi leti :))))

@kosha.. ut i realized wat it means when i went home this time...and i enjoyed it so much :)
sp the burning of diyas and all....it was just marvellous...


chalo atleast yahan toh hamaare khayalaat mile ;):)))))

Tuesday, 06 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this post, and also that u were the creator of the convent group on orkut .. so i asked the question. Feels good to read about diwali .. i've been places here in the US which are known to have best fire cracker shows during July4th holidays .. but i never attend them .. coz to me its only fun when i set those crackers off .. and not standing a mile away and watch it go from there.

i wanna go baroda for diwali tooo :(

Monday, 26 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home