Friday, December 02, 2005

A Memorable Train Travel!!!

     This diwali was a time of surprises for me i guess.... everythng that happened and has been happening since then has had a great impact on my life :))))

     This blog is about a particular incident that happened during my onward journey from b'bay to baroda....I had got my tix for avadh express for my onward journey..... I boarded the train from Bandra Terminus and its the origin station for the train also and it was supposed to leave by 10:40 :) ... I had two guys and a middle aged uncle in our compartment... Initially the very appearance of the guys wasn't comfortable it appeared to me as if they didn't belong to the sophisticated decent category :D:D Then adding fuel to the fire was the fact that one of them didn't have a confirmed ticket.... As it would have been human mind it got into mind that i have got degraded category of guys with me this journey :(((( Inspite of the fact that i usually prefer reading a novel ....i decided to wind up fast and go to sleep early even whn it was only 10:50 pm and the main being that one of them was sitting on my birth (mine was lower berth) and wanted him to sit aloof frm me :D:D:D I told in a rather stern and rude voice to vacate the berth so tht i can relax ....

     As it would have been being scared i was having intermittent sleep....and purposefully was peeping through half open eyes to keep a watch on those guys......But on one such moment to my utter embarrasment i found them instructing some passer-by not to sit on my berth as i would get disturbed .. tht was for the first time i realized "Apperances are often deceptive"..

     Then i don't knw as fate required i decided to get up and continue with my novel coz i wasn't feeling sleepy at all.. Then came an old lady in our compartment who also didn't have a confirmed seat and being sick one of the guys offered her his seat to relax... tht was the moment i realized wht actuallly is the difference between preaching and practicing humanity...

     Then it came to me that wht all happened and was happening before that wasn't what they deserved....i shouldn't have done such a thng even in my dreams to ppl who are very pretty helping minded.... From there through and through the old lady a conversation stuck between the guys and myself .. beginnig with name, job and such thngs we ended up talking abt places and life :))) They were basically from agra working in b'bay and pretty much into s/w industry...and tht too working on java... and one of the guys did his BTech from kerala so it was all the more fun talking abt a place knwn to both of us...

     It was such a soothng talk tht i never realized tht it was already 3:00 am and within 1 hrs time i would be at my destination.... And u won't imagine those 1 hrs was like a min.. i never knew time flies :))))

     Then finally was the end of a gala time ... as it would have been by 4:15 a.m our train reached baroda and the last act of help they did for me they got my luggage down to the platform for me and from the distance i saw my father approaching us... I introduced them to my father.... It was my father who took the initiative to pen down his number and mailid....Truly that was a time whn i saw and xperienced the feeling that helping minded young guys are still arnd us...

     All tht nights incidents are still very much fresh and will remain forever... Hope to njoy lot more such memorable train journeys........

8 Comments:

Blogger Voice said...

lagta hai band wale ka intezaam ho gaya [:)]. aisa hai kya?? [:P]

just...kick(dd)ing.

correction
birth nahi berth

girls are usually stern and rude to guys. may b defense mechanism.. not complaining.

Friday, 02 December, 2005  
Blogger Mohan Kodali said...

i never thought u would be so skeptical.. :D

train jouneys are always fun. dunno abt others but for me. atleast now that we(my frnds) are atleast ten members, min ,in a compartment travelling to and fro frm the coll..

if its a single journey may be its gud to have novels with us. though didnt get a chance to go around single till date.



not complaining.

yeah yeah bhav is not complaining :P

Saturday, 03 December, 2005  
Blogger kosha said...

he he he...
so this time finally u found sm1 to yap with...

my train journeys have given me many good frenz...who r still my frenz :-)
and sp when u r travelling alone...

and i have really seen ppl so caring and understanding...u smtimes feel tht the world is not all tht bad :-)

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@voice.. lagta hai band wale ka intezaam ho gaya [:)]. aisa hai kya??

nahi nahi itni bhi jaldi nahi hai mujhe :D:D

defense mechanism.. not complaining. -- main aisi nahi hoon samjhe ::P:P:P

@chandu.. i never thought u would be so skeptical.. -- i sometimes i m :D:P:P

Tuesday, 06 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@kosha.. and i have really seen ppl so caring and understanding...

yup i do get every time too but this time my judgement ditched me tht was wht i meant :)))

@mipple .. madam ji aap ka tho pakka ho hi gaya lagta hai...
dady ji ne number liye hai..


nahi nahi kaha toh itni jaldi bhi nahi but haan baj toh jaayegaa :D:D:P

Tuesday, 06 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 06 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@hemu.. thnx :)))

lekin tussi ho kaun :OOooooooooooo :D:D

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

on’t want to change its good that you change your mind afterwards else you might have missed new things learnt from them may be at that time or in future. So its always advisable to keep mind open – Rahul

i agree with u sometimes we r forced to chng our opinion whn we meet tht person in person :))))) nyways couldn't make out who ru??

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home