Monday, December 12, 2005

A Day Off......

      Its been months together I have ever taken a leave on a weekday and njoyed the leisure of free day time :D:D. On Friday I got this chance and had taken off and wanted to relax and rest….

      Day began for me a few minutes later than the usual day on a weekday .. to be specific at arnd 8:45…. Now having completed with my morning chores I went down to catch up with my morning coffee and paper news. Going through the papers it felt as if only One Man Ruled the Entire Paper .. the one and only “BILL GATES”. Surfing through all the related articles on Bills Gates visit to India and his future ventures I felt as if I was reading and re-reading the same stuff in every other article on him…. Finally having had enough of Bill’s insight on IT industry I decided to be away from IT world for today atleast and so with another cup of coffee I went to my room.

      Back in room I decided to listen to some old classics which included my favorites like Kishore Da and Rafi Sahab… With such enchanting music in the background I started with my half pending novel “The Kite Runner”. The environment was so mesmerizing I never realized I would be such a fast reader and I couldn’t believe myself having completed the novel in few hrs time… But then again I was stuck up it was only 12:00 pm and wht should I do nxt?? (((((

      Then it struck to me I better do some cooking tried something and got something, ultimately ended up ordering food from outside :D:D Finally once completed with my lunch again I was back in pavilion. My mind was still at work deciding upon what chore to take up next?? Now the only option left was to have a nap but being not very much used to a noon nap that too turned out to be a futile attempt..

      Then it struck to me why not do some cleaning up stuff ….. Once having begun with cleaning never realized where it went wrong and instead of a spic and span environment I was amidst complete mess :D:D:D Then somehow managed and brought it back to the original condition atleast and then decided to surf through some magazines or books… thus ended up going through pcquest, femina, tinkle etc…. Finally by evening time it was as if I had gone through a hell lot of articles books and all stuffs I could lay hand on and tried some experiments whch didn’t bear good results :D:D

      Then came the most awaited evening time wherein you can atleast time pass coz almost all of the girls would be back but as bad luck would have been none of them turned up it seemed as if I was passing a never ending day :D:D Then one of our PG mates turned up and she wanted to apply some mehandi on her hands …hmm thts something interesting I can lay hand on and showed all my skills and talents on tht small canvass…… She was totally flattered with my artistic skills :D:D.. Then throughout the evening the most awaited pgmates and myself spent time chit chatting and surfing through all of the channels … not to be surprised weren’t watching any of those boring soaps or series… but ads, ads and more ads :D:D

      By the end of the day back in my room in my cozy bed whn I rethink initially I felt as if I wasted an entire day uselessly… But now thinking back it doesn’t sound to be a day wasted… Every time I used to wonder if not a S/W engg. or at least not have been working what would I have done, how would have I passed my time … But now with a day off from work I realized how many ways time can be spent although all of my ways were not fruitful but I had ample amount of time to meet with all of them in bits and pieces…… Truly now it seems I should take a day off on a weekday and work on a weekend to experience the vice versa life ....

20 Comments:

Blogger Voice said...

tragedy tragedy tragedy ....

after exams .... aisa mere sath bhi hota hai. and then i think one day again "shift deleted" :P. but wasted day is a good day we realise it only when we see others doing all this while we are woking.....

ur second talent ;). mehendi lagana.

finally nice idea...

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@voice.. ur second talent ;). mehendi lagana. --- hmm theek hai agla canvass tumhaara haath... kyon kya khayal hai :P:P

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Voice said...

@athena

yeah mere better half ka hath [:P}

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@voice.. yeah mere better half ka hath -- tumhaari permanent better half banane se pehle tak theek hai baad main kahin worst half math kehnaa :P:P:P

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Voice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Voice said...

dekho this is an and function... so probablity multiply hogi...

meri better half koi bane... probability 0.00001 ushke bad woh meri worst part ban jaye... probability 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001 ow for total probability... mutliply kar do dono ko

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

probability 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001 ow for total probability... mutliply kar do dono ko

pata hai tumhaari probability kaafi sahi hai :D kitni baar rata tha woh chapter maths ka :P:P

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I was wondering why no GM mail for Friday ??

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@anonymous... sahi hai tumhi ho shaayad jo mere mails ka intezaar karte ho baaki kisine nahi kaha :(((:D:D

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  
Blogger Voice said...

@athena
aisa bhi ho sakta hai na.. sayad tum anon ko hi bus.. mails bhejti ho. aur kisi ko bhejogi nhi to kahega kaise. becoz i dont get ur mail :P.

~another random comment~

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

sayad tum anon ko hi bus.. mails bhejti ho. aur kisi ko bhejogi nhi to kahega kaise. becoz i dont get ur mail :P.

nahi i GM mails to some of them i guess u have not been included in the mailing list :D:D chalega abse tum mere mailing list main bhi ho aur FWD bombardment list main bhi :P:P:P ab math kehna ki plzz mujhe nikal do list main se :D:D:P

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is like a real journal. I like it :-)

Monday, 19 December, 2005  
Blogger  Raja said...

that was me :)

Monday, 19 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

@raja.. thnx 4 confessing :))) waise anonymous kyon bane the :Oooooooooo

@anonymous.. thnx 4 going through this small journel :))))

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raja... kyun jhooth bol rahe ho?
Anon is me, me,and only me.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Athena said...

Anon is me, me,and only me.

toh anon apna asli roop toh dikhaun ..main kaise maan loon ki tumhi anon ho :D:D

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Aurora said...

huh!!
exactly asa mujhe bhi lagta hain jab free rehti hoo

Monday, 02 January, 2006  
Blogger Mohan Kodali said...

arey if u dunno what to do or how to spend time and if u dont find someone to talk or something to look at


bas sojao....

Saturday, 07 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home